Scientific and Technological Cities
PROGRAM 4: Scientific and Technological Cities
A scientific and technological city is one where academic entities and companies located there actively carry out research and development work around strategic sectors of knowledge, and where new technology-based companies are constantly incubated as a result of this research and development.
The conversion of local governments towards scientific and technological cities is implemented in a five-stage program:
- Design and execution of Digital File of Human Talent,
- Determine with the business fabric those specific knowledge sectors of attraction,
- Identify with the companies their training needs and their willingness to carry out research and development work locally,
- Attract startups, SMEs and generators of new knowledge and technology in defined knowledge sectors that allow chaining and linking through technology and knowledge transfer with the academic and business fabric; and
- Inspire children and youth to stimulate their interest in basic sciences, technology, engineering, art and design, and mathematics.